Sunday, June 29, 2008

Have you ever eat Tosei Apa ????

The day before yesterday and yesterday and yesterday @@ so many many days before.
I went for dinner with my friend Saupin.

We get ourself to the Indian restaurant to eat Tosei, is been a long time I didn't eat Tosei. Tosei is a traditional food of the Indian, it is special and nice to eat. You can only find it at the Indian restaurant.

Tosei is made of batter, I can't tell how they make their batter because they didn't teach me OMG what a lame answer, and of course every restaurant got their own "secret recipe".

The "chief" will scoop some batter and pour it on the skillet where
the place they cool the Tosei and Roti.
Then he will use some sort of flat bottom cup and
quickly spread the batter over the skillet in a circular motion.
Then he will put some butter on it if u ordered the butter Tosei else he will put what you've ordered. And lastly flip it nicely and here comes the delicious Tosei. Serve it with some curry, is nice.

But that day, after Saupin ordered his Tosei Banana,
I'm still thinking which Tosei I want to eat.
I keep thinking and thinking....

thinking....

AND THINK AGAIN.......

ARGHHHH~~~~ what should I order???
So I asked the waiter .....

Ryan : Erm.... boss ada Tosei apa?? ( what kind of Tosei do you have?)
Waiter : OK !!!

and off he go telling my order to the "chief".
OMG !!!!! Do you ever eat before "TOSEI APA"? Do they really got this "TOSEI APA"?
Gosh... is my pronunciation got problem or his listening got problem??
I've never heard such thing as "TOSEI APA".

Okay..........
never mind, since you said "OK" to me,
I'll wait and see what is "TOSEI APA".

Sitting not far from the "chief", my friend Saupin saw the "chief" put something like powder and it is brown in color to my Tosei.

Hmm... Are you making Tosei Milo????
but Milo and "APA" doesn't sounds the same @.@

A couple of minutes later, here it comes... my Tosei Apa.
Luckily he didn't come out something weird, it is Tosei Kelapa, haha
( kelapa = coconut )
This sounds better , kelapa and apa. Much more alike than Milo.
This Tosei is cooked with the coconut flesh Hmm, can I say like that? XD
And the brown color thing, is the coconut sugar.

This Tosei is just taste sweet and nice, TASTY !!!!

Hmm, looks like I need to try in other restaurant, haha,
ordering something stupid like Tosei Apa. >.<

5 comments:

Miyuki said...

maybe he heard 'apa' as 'kelapa' la..XD

Ryan said...

Haha, should be la, but i can confirm tat the waiter he take my order as Tosei Apa, cz i heard him tell the cooker Tosei Apa, then the cooker shows up an angry face. haha

iamlz said...

Hahha..this is so interesting! U tried something new by coincidence!

Ryan said...

Yeah !! Maybe you should try this too XD

KC said...

Lol.. Its actually called/spelled "Dosai" and not Tosei , here in India :) Thats my breakfast each and evryday !! :)